Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA

Reviewed By: Herr Rick
Style: American IPA
State/Country: California
ABV: 7%
Serving Type: 22 oz Bottle

Look: 9.5
Bright golden/amber color, clear, thick white head with very good retention & uber good lacing!

Smell: 9.5
Pungent pine hop aroma, grapefruit, apricot

Taste: 10
Up Front: Follows the smell, with the addition of biscuit malt. Finish: A touch of sweetness in the middle, and a very long hoppy finish - YUM!!!!!

Mouthfeel: 9.5
Light/medium body with crisp carbonation and a dry finish

Drinkability: 10
It could not be better!

Overall Score: 9.7

Value:
6
Cost/12 oz serving: $7.59 - I bought this in Philly, so I feel like I was price gouged. I'm not sure what the going rate is for this limited release, but I'm sure you can get it for less than $13 plus tax

Overall Impression:
This is the best American IPA I've ever had! It's what West Coast (San Diego) IPA is all about. If only it were more readily available and affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment