Thursday, March 25, 2010

Victory Wild Devil

Reviewed By: Herr Rick
Style: American Brett Ale
State/Country: Pennsylvania
ABV: 6.7%
Serving Type: 750ml Bottle

Look: 9.5
Deep amber/mahogany, cloudy, massive head with great retention & lacing

Smell: 9
Brett funk, citrus hops, sweet malt

Taste: 8.5
Up Front: Sweet and slightly tart, citrus. Finish: Nice blast of Brett funk, sweet malt

Mouthfeel: 8.5
Medium body and carbonation

Drinkability: 9
Very quaffable!

Overall Score: 8.9

Value:
7
Cost/12 oz serving: $4.29

Overall Impression:
I have done a complete 180. A while back, this was my first Wild Ale, and I hated it. Since then I have taken quite a liking to American Brett Ale, so I decided to give this beer another chance. I'm glad I did. This is a very tasty American Brett Ale. Want to know the impact of yeast in brewing? Compare Hop Devil to Wild Devil, and see for yourself. Brett is an interesting little creature indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment