Thursday, April 1, 2010

Defiant Paraum Pango

Reviewed By: Herr Rick
Style: American Strong Ale
State/Country: New York
ABV: ??? %
Serving Type: Growler - courtesy of Growler Dude

Look: 8.5
Deep copper color, small head with little retention & lacing

Smell: 8.5
Sweet malt, maple, caramel

Taste: 9
it was like drinking pancakes with maple syrup. Interesting, surprisingly tasty, and not overly sweet

Mouthfeel: 9
Rich & creamy

Drinkability: 9
Very quaffable

Overall Score: 9.1

Value:
8
Cost/12 oz serving: $4.25

Overall Impression:
A very interesting, slightly sweet beer that was surprisingly easy to drink - even as it got warmer. Hopefully they will brew it again, and Growler Dude will be able to pick some up for me if they do!

I'm not sure what the abv was, but my guess is that it was in the 7-8% range. Parum Pango- The "little hammer" is made from the residual sugar of Magnus Pango - the "Big Hammer" (Barleywine).

1 comment:

  1. This one etched it's mapley goodness into my brain. I can't wait to make it back up there to get some more. I'll have to hit it just after my Paterson run...

    ReplyDelete