Friday, February 26, 2010

Founders Cerise

Reviewed By: Herr Rick
Style: Fruit Beer
State/Country: Michigan
ABV: 6.5%
Serving Type: 12 oz Bottle

Look: 8
Ruby amber color, light pink head, that dissipated quickly with little to no lacing

Smell: 8
Tart, yeasty with a little malt

Taste: 9
Up Front: Nice tart, cherry flavor. Finish: Same, with a touch of cinnamon

Mouthfeel: 8.5
Crisp, light bodied, with low carbonation

Drinkability: 8.5
Surprisingly easy to drink - tartness drops off fast.

Overall Score: 8.5

Value:
8.5
Cost/12 oz serving: $2.75

Overall Impression:
Probably the best fruit beer I've had to date. I always wanted to try it, but I didn't want to buy a 4-pack. I put together a mixed 6-pack, and this was one of them. I'm glad I tried it. You should too if you're looking for something different

No comments:

Post a Comment