Friday, February 26, 2010

Maredsous Tripel

Reviewed By: Herr Mike
Style: Tripel
State/Country: Belgium
ABV: 10%
Serving Type: 11.2 oz Bottle

Look: 10
Med orange color, big fluffy head, beautiful sticky lacing that won’t quit!

Smell: 9
You can smell the alcohol, banana, cloves, and apple

Taste: 9
Up Front: Spicy, tart, apple, slight hops. Finish: alcohol, pepper and ginger snaps

Mouthfeel: 8.5
A little tingly and dry

Drinkability: 9.5
I love my abbey ales! This one definitely delivers the “Belgium Buzz”

Overall Score: 9.2

Value:
8
Cost/12 oz serving: $3.72

Overall Impression:
Oh! Did I mention I love abbey ales? It’s a little pricey, but worth it! I love the price I paid…..nothing! It was a gift to the God!....just sayin’

1 comment:

  1. Back when I tried this beer (4 times), I never actually did a written review. I do recall 2 things about this beer.

    1) The look was a 10 for all the reasons Herr Mike stated.

    2) It had a really harsh, bitter astringent aftertaste that I obviously did not enjoy.

    That of course would have negatively affected Taste, Drinkability, and the Overall Score. I feel it would have scored at the low end of Very Good, or the hig end of Good had I officially rated it.

    It is certainly one I would not try again. I hear that the Dubbel and Brune are much better...perhaps I'll try them one day?

    --Herr Rick

    ReplyDelete