Saturday, March 13, 2010

Firestone Walker Double Jack

Reviewed By: Herr Rick
Style: Double/Imperial IPA
State/Country: California
ABV: 9.5%
Serving Type: On Tap @ Sidecar Bar & Grille

Look: 8.5
Deep copper, clear, medium head, decent retention & lacing.

Smell: 8
Citrus, malt, caramel

Taste: 8
Up Front: Pine & grapefruit from the hops. Finish: sweet malt

Mouthfeel: 8.5
Medium body with light carbonation

Drinkability: 8.5
You could easily throw a few of these back!

Overall Score: 8.3

Value:
7
Cost/12 oz serving: $6.00

Overall Impression:
The problem with this review is: I tried this beer after Pliny the Elder. Yes, I cleansed my palate and waited a few minutes, but you cannot follow that act!!! I'm sure if I had this first, I would have good things to say about it, but at the time, my taste buds were simply underwhelmed. If I see it again, I will definitely try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment